After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Provide healthcare professionals with up to date knowledge, in order to develop the necessary skills to understand the pharmacology.
- Provide an educational framework that facilitates the dissemination of best practice of the Dentist.
- Describe and define the basic terms and concepts of pharmacology.
- Outline the description and mode of action and side effects of various antibiotics used during the Dental Treatments.
- Describe about the effects, mode of action and side effects of various Analgesics.
- Describe about the indications, mode of action of the Local and Topical Anesthesia.
- Describe about the effects of inhalations and oral sedative agents.
- Able to prescribe the correct dose and the duration of treatment for the patients.
- Provide knowledge about the Drug Information Centers in Saudi Arabia.
- Provide CME on Pharmacology made easy for the Dentist.
|TIME||SESSION NAME||LEARNING FOCUS||SPEAKER|
|0800-0815||Registration and pre- test|
|0815-0915||Introduction of Pharmacology||1- Basic terminology used in pharmacology2- Concepts of pharmacology||MOHAMMED AL MOHAINI|
|0915-1000||The use of Antibiotics||1- Indication of Antibiotics2- Mechanism of action of Various antibiotics
3- Side effects of antibiotics
4- Prophylaxis of antibiotics
|Dr. Talal H Bokhamsen|
|1030-1200||The use of Analgesics||1- The effects of Analgesics2- Mode of Action of Analgesics
3- Side effects of Analgesics
|MOHAMMED AL MOHAINI|
|1200-1300||Prayer and Lunch Break|
|1300-1330||Inhalations and Oral Sedative Agents||1- Indications of inhalations and oral sedative agents2- Its Mechanism of action
3- Its Side effects
|MOHAMMED AL MOHAINI|
|1330-1430||The use of Local and Topical anesthesia||1- The effects of Local and Topical anesthesia2- Its Mode of Action
3- Its side effects
|Dr. Talal H Bokhamsin|
|1500-1600||How to deal with other medications||1- Ways to deal with patients taking other medications following biological disorders like diabetes and Hypertension,Etc.||MOHAMMED AL MOHAINI|
|1600-1645||Practical implementation using software||2- Appropriate Selection of Software and practical implementation||MOHAMMED AL MOHAINI|
|1645-1700||Drug information centers in Saudi Arabia||Knowledge about various Drug Information Centers in Saudi Arabia||MOHAMMED AL MOHAINI|